The Black British Organization Awards, now in its seventh year, has introduced its 2020 finalists representing some of the country’s best black expertise throughout a array of industries.
Introduced in Britain in 2014, the awards aim to celebrate and recognise “the frequently unsung contributions of excellent black organization professionals and entrepreneurs” in arts and media, shopper and luxurious, entrepreneurs, economical providers, experienced providers, and STEM (science, technological innovation, engineering and maths).
The finalists this year have been picked not only for their individual and experienced achievements, but versus the tumultuous backdrop of the Covid-19 pandemic and the resurgence of the Black Lives Make any difference movement.
Melanie Eusebe and Sophie Chandauka, co-founders termed this year’s finalists “some of the most decided and modern black leaders in the Uk”.
“What significantly shines via is the wide range of professions from a founder of a revolutionary equine nourishment technique to a guide publisher and handling administrators at prime economical businesses. These excellent folks really should be very proud of their achievements, they are inspiring the subsequent generation of black expertise to challenge convention and follow in their footsteps.”
The Telegraph is a media companion for the awards, the key sponsors for which include JP Morgan, Barclays, Baker McKenzie, Bloomberg, Facebook, Fortnum and Mason, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and Wells Fargo.
The winners for each class will be introduced during a digital awards ceremony on Oct 2.
Arts & Media Soaring Star
- Magdalene Abraha – Publisher at Jacaranda Textbooks
- Malakaï Sargeant – Director of Theatre Peckham
- Nnena Nwakodo – Producer at Bartle Bogle Hegarty
Arts & Media Chief of the Year
- Anthony Andrews – Co-founder and Resourceful Director of We Are Parable
- Denise Maxwell – Director and Lead Photographer at Lensi Photography
- Gail Babb – Lecturer and Deputy Director of BA Functionality at Goldsmith University
Client & Luxury Soaring Star
- Iré Hassan-Odukale – Handling Director at Ikoyi
- Rachael Corson and Joycelyn Mate – Co-founders of Afrocenchix
- Sarah-Jane Bampoe-Addo – Senior Plan Supervisor at Amazon
Client & Luxury Chief of the Year
- Brandie Deignan – Handling Director at Marco Pierre White Places to eat
- Nigel and Victoria Ogunniyi – Co-founders of FAVOUR Catering and Activities
- Sandra Murphy – Founder of Equidiet Uk Ltd